Brevard County Among TripAdvisor's Top 25 U.S. Beaches
TITUSVILLE, Florida -- Brevard County, Florida was named among the Top 25 beaches in the United States in TripAdvisor's 2013 Travelers' Choice Beaches Awards.
However, the honor did not go to the tourist and Spring Break hot spot of Cocoa Beach, Florida. Instead, it was Canaveral National Seashore that made it to No. 23 of the best beaches in the United States which was based entirely on feedback from millions of TripAdvisor travelers.
The top Florida beaches chosen by TripAdvisor tended to be more secluded. Of the nine Florida beaches that made it in the Top 25, three are Florida State Parks and two are National Seashores.
The other Florida beaches to make it in the Top 25 are:
2. Siesta Key Public Beach (Sarasota)
3. Gulf Island National Seashore (Pensacola)
4. Fort DeSoto State Park (Tierra Verde)
11. St. Andres State Park (Panama City)
12. Caladesi Island State Park (Dunedin)
15. Pass-A-Grille (St. Pete Beach)
18. Clearwater Beach
22. Pensacola Beach