30-year-old Rick Myers, of Titusville, Florida, was charged with possessing an American Alligator without a permit, possessing the psychedelic psilocybin mushrooms that are often referred to as "shrooms" or "magic mushrooms," felony violation of probation, and removing natural resources from a Wildlife Management Area.
Another Brevard County man, 22-year-old Gregory Sansota of Titusville, was also arrested along with Tyler Salzman, age 20 of Deltona, Florida. Both of the young men were charged with possessing the psychedelic psilocybin mushrooms and removing natural resources from a Wildlife Management Area. An unidentified juvenile was among those arrested .
A fourth man fled the scene, but was later arrested by a Seminole County Sheriff's deputy.
FWC spokesperson Joy Hill said in an email that Myers allegedly told authorities that he found the alligator in the field where they picked the mushrooms and picked it up and put it in his pack to take photos of it later.
The adults were booked into the Seminole County Jail and the juvenile was taken to the Seminole County Juvenile Detention Center.
The mushrooms were placed into evidence at the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office and the alligator was released back to the wild.
Photo credit: FWC / Officer Stever McDaniel
Originally published on June 13, 2013
- Florida Man Jailed After Reporting For Jury Duty Drunk, Supreme Court Reverses
- Florida Man Pulls Bull Shark From Ocean For Photos
- Man Shot Over Argument Whether Florida Or Ohio Strip Clubs Are Better
- Florida Man Arrested For Throwing Alligator Into Wendy's Drive-Thru
- Florida Man Charged With Manslaughter After Senior Citizen 'Touched' His Truck
- Florida Man Smothers 6-year-old Son While Playing Video Games
- Florida Man Shot Twice After Daring Brother To Shoot Him
- Florida Man Killed By Alligator When Fleeing Deputies
- "Florida Man" Documentary Filmed In Brevard County
- Cops: Florida Man Sold Counterfeit Cash On Craigslist
- Florida Man Ignores Lifeguards As Shark Circles Him
- Florida Man Shoots Self In Head To See If Round In Chamber
- Florida Man Arrested After Falling Asleep During Home Burglary
- Florida Man Arrested After Reporting Drug Deal Robbery
- Florida Man Offers Chicken Dinner and $3 For Sex
- Florida Man Makes 911 Murder Call To Get Out Of Traffic Ticket
- Florida Man Sets Self On Fire While Trying To Burn Cross
- Florida Man Charged With Masturbating On Amtrack, Claimed "Itchy Stomach"
- USA TODAY Punk'd By Florida Man Claiming To Be 'Howie Felterbush'
- Sheriff: Florida Man Couldn't Drive Stick Shift During Carjacking
- Florida Man Sets Self On Fire After Siphoning Fuel With A Shop-Vac
MORE FLORIDA WOMAN STORIES:
- Wearing Only A Bra, Florida Woman Rams Car Into Boyfriend's Truck
- Florida Woman Goes After Man With Ax For Refusing Sex
- Florida Lawyer Disbarred For Having Sex With Her Clients
- Florida Woman Crashes Into Daytona Speedway Infield
- Drunk, Naked Florida Woman Charged With Child Neglect
- Florida Woman Eats Chicken, Drinks Wine While Driving Walmart Shopping Cart
- Wife Finds Strange Florida Woman Asleep In Husband's Clothes
- Florida Woman Apologizes For Squatting On Sea Turtle
- Florida Woman Steals Tow Truck After Rental Car Breaks Down
- Florida Woman Drags Ex-Husband By Rope From Pickup Truck
- Florida Woman Poisons Husband's Tuna Fish Sandwich
- Florida Woman Steals Beer From 7-11, Then Gets Run Over By Truck