The Postal Service expects to process 545 million pieces of mail every day throughout this holiday season; totaling nearly 15 billion pieces of mail to be delivered between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.
The busiest delivery day for mail will be Wednesday, Dec. 18 and the busiest day for packages will be Thursday, Dec. 19.
To ensure that holiday mail and packages are delivered on time, the Postal Service recommends keeping the following mailing and shipping deadlines in mind:
- Dec. 10 APO/FPO Military Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 10 Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 14 Standard Post
- Dec. 16 Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 17 Priority Mail Express Military Service
- Dec. 20 First-Class Mail
- Dec. 21 Priority Mail
- Dec. 23 Priority Mail Express