New Features For Sony PlayStation®Vita August 28
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it will add new features to PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) through the system software update ver. 1.80, scheduled on August 28, 2012.
SCE will also expand PlayStation®Plus, the subscription service package on PlayStation®Network which brings value-added offerings including exclusive services and content, to PS Vita users this year.
By installing the system software update ver. 1.80, users will be able to enjoy legendary original PlayStation® titles on their PS Vita's beautiful 5-inch OLED display, in addition to various new features, including:
- Control the home screen and some features in applications, such as Video, Music, or Settings, using the buttons on PS Vita.
- Variable speed playback, fast-rewind and fast-forward, and repeat play will be supported in the Video application.
- Music playlists which are imported from PlayStation®3 (PS3®) or iTunes*1 under Music application will be supported.
- "Cross-Controller" icon will be added to the LiveArea™ under the Remote Play application to enable users to play PS3 format software by using their PS Vita as a controller.*2
SCE will also deliver PlayStation Plus, which is currently available for PS3 users, to PS Vita users this year. By purchasing a membership to PlayStation Plus, PS Vita users will be able to enjoy various services which will become available exclusively for members.
On the software front, several exciting and attractive new titles will be released in time for the holiday season from 3rd party developers and publishers as well as from SCE Worldwide Studios. Upcoming software titles for PS Vita include Assassin's Creed III: Liberation from Ubisoft available on October 30, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified from Activision Publishing, Inc., Little Big Planet PlayStation®Vita from SCE available on September 25. Additionally, SCE will expand the catalog of games that support "cross platform features." With these features, SCE will deliver a ground-breaking gaming experience that leverages the capabilities of both PS Vita and PS3.
- Cross-Play feature − STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN from CAPCOM, available on October 23, will allow PS3 and PS Vita users to enjoy match or collaborative gameplay.
- Cross-Save feature − By managing saved data between PS Vita and PS3, the Cross-Save feature for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal from SCE, available on November 20, enables users to continue playing on the go with their PS Vita, right from where they left off on their PS3 at home.
SCE will vigorously promote PS Vita platform and deploy various measures to further expand the portable gaming market.
SOURCE Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.