Worst Foods To Eat In U.S. Restaurants
Today, authors David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding revealed their annual list of the "20 Worst Foods in America" in the new EAT THIS, NOT THAT! NEW! UPDATED 2013 EDITION.
The list includes the nation's worst pizza, fish, appetizer, chicken and more at major restaurant and fast-food chains across the country.
The list was compiled by evaluating the calorie counts, fat, sugar and sodium content, as well as portion sizes and other factors for menu items around the nation.
The Cheesecake Factory tops the list as the worst offender for the third consecutive year, this time with the French Toast Napoleon, a caloric bomb filled with indulgent ingredients like cream-drenched bread, piles of pecans, and a snowstorm of powdered sugar. The result: a breakfast with as many calories as three dozen eggs.
Top 5 Worst Foods in America 2013:
- Worst Food in America: The Cheesecake Factory French Toast Napoleon (2,530 calories)
- Worst Grilled Entree: Chili's Shiner Bock BBQ Ribs (full rack) with Cinnamon Apples and Homestyle Fries (2,310 calories)
- Worst Pasta Dish: The Cheesecake Factory Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken (2,300 calories)
- Worst Pizza: Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Individual Pizza (2,300 calories)
- Worst Appetizer: Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion (1,949 calories)
Eat This, Not That! identifies unhealthy foods – in fast-food chains, restaurant chains and grocery stores – and offers healthier alternatives. It is a regularly-branded series on The Today Show, has been featured as an hour-long segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show, and has become one of the most popular blogs in Yahoo! history.
To see the full list of 20 worst foods by category with nutrition information for each item, in addition to healthier options, pick up a copy of EAT THIS, NOT THAT! 2013 or visit: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/worst-foods-america-2013.
Readers of EAT THIS, NOT THAT! 2013 will also discover:
- The 20 Worst Kids' Foods in America: A list of the worst kids meals at chain restaurants and at the supermarket, including the "worst breakfast cereal," "worst PB&J", "worst macaroni and cheese," and more.
- The Year in Food 2012: The high points and the low points of the past year in the food industry, including pink slime, "all natural" food frauds, Congress approving pizza as a vegetable, and Burger King's massive brand reinvention, including new "premium" food offerings.
- The Truth About Your Food: Unravel the mysterious ingredients list of popular fast-food choices like McDonald's Big Mac, Dunkin' Donuts' Boston Kreme Donut and KFC's Chunky Chicken Pot Pie.
- America's Best Packaged Foods at the Supermarket: Strategies for ignoring the food manufacturers' advertising tricks and buying more nutrition for less money at the supermarket.
- Cook This, Not That!: Save hundreds of dollars and thousands of calories by simply preparing these quick and delicious meals at home.
EAT THIS, NOT THAT! (Rodale Books; ISBN: 978-160-961-824-7; Paperback, $19.99; 368 pages)
SOURCE Rodale Books